What are dermal fillers?
As you age, your skin naturally begins to get thinner, and there’s a slower turnaround in generating new skin. The volume in your face decreases, and wrinkles, lines, and folds start to form. Dermal fillers minimize the appearance of these facial lines and restore fullness to your face. Dermal fillers can reduce the signs of aging by:
- Plumping thin lips
- Enhancing shallow contours
- Softening wrinkles
- Improving the appearance of scars
- Reconstructing contour deformities in your face
- Decreasing the shadow of your lower lids
What are different types of dermal fillers?
Dr. Miles provides a wide assortment of dermal fillers to help you look your best. She can help you decide which filler would be right for you based on the condition of your skin and the look you want to achieve.
- Bellafill®: Bellaﬁll® is smooth, collagen gel-based dermal ﬁller that's FDA approved to treat nasolabial folds — also known as your smile lines or laugh lines. Dr. Miles can also use Bellaﬁll to treat certain types of acne scars. Bellaﬁll provides instant smoothness, with results lasting at least 12 months.
- Juvéderm®: Juvéderm® is a type of hyaluronic acid-based filler used to temporarily reduce moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. The procedure is also used for facial contouring as well as to improve the appearance of acne scars. Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in your body and helps to maintain the moisture and nutrients found in your skin. This compound aids in the appearance of your skin’s volume and smoothness.
- You can notice the effects of Juvéderm right away. Most patients need only one treatment to get optimal results that will last for about nine months to a year.
- Voluma®: As you age, you naturally lose volume in your cheeks, causing them to flatten and your skin to sag. Juvéderm Voluma® was designed to specifically restore the volume in your cheeks and create a more youthful appearance.
- Restylane®: Restylane® fillers are hyaluronic acid-based injectables that can be used for filling out wrinkles, enhancing lips and increasing the fullness in your face. Restylane offers a broad range of alternatives that naturally enhance your facial features. Restylane is a temporary solution lasting about three to six months.
- Volbella®: Some people simply have naturally thin lips and just want to achieve a fuller appearance. Others have noticed their lips thinning over time and may also have seen vertical lip lines become more noticeable. Volbella® adds subtle volume to your lips and smooths the appearance of vertical lines above your lips.
- Radiesse®: Radiesse® is a wrinkle filler used to plump your skin, smoothen moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, and correct volume loss on the back of your hands. When injected, Radiesse adds volume under your skin, stimulating your body’s natural collagen over time. The natural results have been shown to last at least a year in many patients, making the treatment results both immediate and long-lasting.
If you’re interested in learning more about enhancing your facial features, call Dr. Miles at Skin Oasis Dermatology or schedule an appointment online.